Game Trivia Catechism

Game Trivia Catechism is a multiple-choice trivia game, testing your knowledge of video gaming. It can be played as straight trivia, or as part of a story that follows Al and Sally as they compete in the King of Game Trivia Tournament.

Read the readme.txt for more information.

Requires a DS (obviously) and a flash cart, such as a R4 or Neo MK5. The game will create a save file called "gtc_save.sav" on your flash cart. Works well in DeSmuME, except for saving.

Download: Ver 20080712 - trivia_ds.zip (3MB)

Original music by Eric Skiff, 8-Bit Terror, PDF format, Breakfast Afternoon, Circles, ne7, and 777minus111

Featured at: DCEmu.co.uk, Moonbooks, GBATemp, PDRoms, Zonahomebrew, GameSetWatch, Homebrew Welt, DS Fanboy

Please check out the official site at http://www.gametriviacatechism.com


Screenshots:

19 Response to "Game Trivia Catechism"

  1. Anonymous says:

    Played through this last night. Great homebrew, excellent presentation. Could use more questions, but it looks like you might be planning that anyway. I think I noticed a single typo right at the end, I believe it said "Mutliple:Option", but then again I was pretty tired at the time, so I might have imagined it. Either way, good stuff.

    Anonymous says:

    vague rant,

    Thanks for playing! Also, I did make a spelling mistake - pretty embarrassing considering it's my name and all! Now fixed.

    - M:O

    Seaniam says:

    Dude this was great! Well done!
    I agree that you need more questions, perhaps you could get some people to give you ideas/suggestions to avoid repeating the ones already asked?

    Anonymous says:

    seanian,

    Thanks for your comment. Yeah, the only way to avoid repeating questions is to have a lot more. I'm working on it, and we'll see how that goes.

    - M:O

    Anonymous says:

    Man, what a great idea!

    Anonymous says:

    the word catechism seems a bit inappropriate here, not to mention pretentious... however, great idea for a game!

    Anonymous says:

    Hi, is there a way you can edit the question database? Or give out the source? I have a web-based trivia system i wish to convert the questions to this..

    Anonymous says:

    chris cd@4am.org,

    The questions are hard coded into the code itself, so in order to add or edit them, you'd need to recompile the source, is available on request.

    - MO

    Anonymous says:

    MO - I wouldn't mind trying - I have a VB background but if I could get a brief "make" environment, I'd give it a shot :)

    I will re-provide source when changed of course..

    Thanks,
    Chris.

    Anonymous says:

    Is a good homebrew game, I liked the QUIZ! :)

    Do you accept to I try to translate this homebrew game into Portuguese language?

    Regards.
    gamer_boy

    Anonymous says:

    gamer_boy,

    Sure, you can translate the game into Portuguese. What do you need?

    - M:O

    Anonymous says:

    The script text for translate or the full code (which tools, for repack), and your e-mail for contact.

    Anonymous says:

    gamer_boy,

    Go to www.devinquest.com, and get my email address from there. Email me and I'll reply with the question list.

    - M:O

    Anonymous says:

    Ok, please check your mailbox.

    Regards.
    g_b

    Anonymous says:
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
    Anonymous says:

    Audacious,

    I've emailed you. Reply and I'll delete your comment from here to save you some spam :)

    - M:O

    Anonymous says:

    Nice, I love the layout and style

    David says:

    Hi. I'm curious how i can get in touch with Multiple: Option. I'm PDF Format and i wanted to thank him for picking one of my songs for his game.

    Anonymous says:

    Hi David/PDF Format,

    Thanks for your comment, and your song! Thanks for making it available to use. If you'd like to contact me directly, find my email address at devinquest.com

    - M:O

Powered by Blogger